Thursday, September 22, 2011

Whats in a name?

The first two days of life for baby she was just that... baby. We didn't have a name for her and really couldn't decide. It was terrible for me. I didn't want to talk about it and felt awful that I didn't know what to name her. I knew that I loved Emma and Charlotte the most. But mainly Charlotte. One problem. She didn't look like a Charlotte. I was so confused. Then we heard the name Perry and knew it was one of our favorite streets in West Village. Moving to NYC was great for our family, but moving to West Village specificallywas the best choice of neighborhood for us before baby. Perry street is lovely, quaint, and quite romantic. It was perfect.

We were suppose to check out of the hospital at 10 am that morning, but we couldn't leave until we filled out her birth certicicate paperwork and chose a name. People had been driving me nuts asking what we were going to name her and I ignored the question completely.

I burst into tears as I prayed a dramatic prayer that we would know what she was to be named and when I was done William explained something very important that I hadn't thought of... He said that no matter her name she would be serve the Lord the same and teach of the gospel the same and all the things that really matter would not be changed because of her name. I felt better and told him to pick up the pen and fill out the paperwork. I truly couldn't handle the pressure. Hey, I did the hard part by getting her here- He could take the pressure of picking the name.

So I looked away until he was done and saw her baby girl Egan was now.....

EMMA PERRY EGAN


This is the alarm that goes off if she is taken from the hospital without being released. I liked this thing a lot.

Thanks Catherine for getting me a room by the window and with a private shower and bathroom- Nice to have an in at the hospital. :)

Ready to go home with EMMA PERRY!!

Date: September 19, 2011

1 comment:

Esther Noelle said...

Kind of reminds me how I rock paper scissored my naming rights away to Rob! Emma is such a cute name for her! Love it!