Monday, September 12, 2011

Showered with great food, friends and love

My baby shower was just about the cutest thing ever. It was so great to get together with so many great friends and get excited for the baby. We got some of the most amazing gifts, but more importantly I realized how incredibly lucky I am to be starting this new step in life with such great friends and examples are motherhood. Casey, Taylor, and Natalie hosted the party and made it extra special. I also appreciated every one's extra efforts to make it- including two friends who came even though it was their bdays! I was embarrassed about this, but it was so sweet. Check out the darling displays and decor...


The yummiest cake: "Baby-making cake"
These mini cheesecakes were legit. I think I ate 10.


My dear friend and old neighbor from Provo, Susie, joined us from Brooklyn- I was so happy to see her!
This was an incredible gift- Shanna made this sleeper for me out of one of my old humongous sweatshirts. I can not wait to cuddle my little one into this treasure.
Emily, Rebecca, Laurel and Francis
I thought they looked to comfortable. Whitney, Mary Martha, and Erica

Allison, Shanna, and Kimber
Lizzie- gave me a darling gift that I am still dying over.

Lexia- we are nannies for the same family

My amazing friends and hostesses: Natalie, Casey, and Taylor
Casey is having a baby in February. She thinks she is showing. ha.


Thank you to EVERYONE for coming to spend the evening with me- I got loaded with amazingly thoughtful gifts and quite stylish ones as well! Everyone went home with a cd of sweet baby girl music that we listened to all night for a special touch.
Thank you most of all for your love and support and effort.
What a great night!!

2 comments:

Cindy, Mom and CiCi said...

Amanda, it's so good to see your smiling face. You are beautiful as a young mother-to-be. Now officially a beautiful Mother! Thanks for sharing these pictures of your baby shower. You have some special friends to do this shower for you. I'm amazed at the sweat shirt sleep sack! This is a unique gift & a good "friend memory". I wish I could see your little girl in person, but pics will have to do for now. I know you will post some pics soon. The first two weeks are the roughest getting use to the sleep deprivation ... then you adjust to it. I hope all is going well at home with ???, what is her name? I love you. Aunt Cindy
Hello Will! You will have to tell me how to go about starting a blog. I'm interested!

Cindy, Mom and CiCi said...

I changed my profile to "Just call me Cici". :) Aunt Cindy