Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Baby Makes 3

Meet the Egan Family

















Our days in the hospital were amazing. I ended up having a room to myself. William got to stay over with us. Baby girl Egan slept great and I had to force myself to put her in the bassinet instead of sleeping with me. As soon as I got to the postpartum room I wanted to share her with my dear friends. Taylor, Casey and Todd came as soon as they could. It was so fun to start sharing her with people I love. Calleen and Bill were only a few hours away so they told us we didn't have a choice in the matter. It was fun to see them with her.




The second day the Wallaces came to visit with their arms full of treats they heard us mention we liked and trashy magazines to keep me company after they left! It was so fun to see Catherine again after such a great birth and share BG Egan with Nolan and Piper. Nolan was not shy about her at all- He came straight to the bed and asked to hold her. He said, "Do you hear your Dad right now? He is talking. I will teach you how to talk one day." It melted my heart. Jenna and Erica came by later and something amazing happened. Jenna shared with me her love for the hospital and how peaceful and holy it feels to her because its full of miracles and so many new bodies with excited spirits. This touched me and allowed me to enjoy a night alone while Will went home sick and exhausted.




It was amazing to have time to stare at my baby. My baby. I'm a mom. Wow. Heavenly Father's creative powers have never felt so real to me.




William came back to the hospital late that night and slept in the bed with baby and me. It was pretty amazing to have our newly improved and bigger family all together.


Date: September 17th and 18th, 2011

No comments: