Friday, September 18, 2009

US (William and Amanda) Weekly

I NEVER know anything about A-listers or celebs- Katie my cousin, Esther my bf, and my dear husband are my insiders when I need to know gossip. We indulge in a good trashy magazine every once and awhile. So I thought I should document my list of sightings and interactions thus far in NYC.

1. Will Ferrell- Walking into Bubby's (a popular restaurant in Tribeca)- another nanny was with me and thought I was hilarious for my reaction. I was just so proud of myself for knowing something like that- although I will admit that I did not know his name at the time- I just knew he looked familar. This particular picture displays my excitment to see such a silly person.

2. Cameron Diaz- This was perhaps the most interesting of my endevors with celebrities. My sweet sis-in-law Allison came to visit us for the weekend and on the way back from taking her to the bus I got stuck in the annual Pride Parade- I was lost in a sea of rainbows, painted bodies and crazy costumes. I was in my church clothes and heals and a bit out of place. I was about in tears because my 30 sec walk from the train was nearing 30 min and I my phone was dead and I knew Will was freaking out.... when I looked up and saw her. She stood out because she is so blonde and she was in normal clothes. I would have had the most amazing pics if my stupid camera would have stayed alive for me. At this moment she was with a small posey and noone else saw her- everyone there was looking at the parade- She looked at me and said something about me being a part of the parade- jokingly and how out of place we look. Then I started to follow her. I dont know why, but she talked to me- so I had to... she asked where I was headed and I said home and she said the same- then her posey guy started talking to me and I did not want to be obnoxious so I backed off and tried to get a shot with my phone- dead. Well after that excitment I was so happy about seeing her that I forgot about getting home and I started running. Just a little earlier I was sitting down frustrated about being contained in such craziness- Just as I got to our apt I realized I lost our MetroCard- This is an unlimited subway card for the month that Will uses to get to and from work- gone. I lost it in the crowd. I grabbed Will searched all over and after not finding it felt terrible. I forgot about seeing Cam (we are on a nickname basis now) and dont even think I told Will for a few hours. It was fun while it lasted!

3. Jennifer Lopez- Filming her new movie outside my work- this is a pic I took of her storming out of the Franklin Stop on the 1 train. Movie is called The Back-up Plan. My boss thinks this is hilarious when I come in with things like this during the day.



4. Whoopi Goldberg- Mac store in Soho- tried to take a pic and she moved to dodge it- Thats why I am not a paparazzi



5. Uma Thurman- Cant find a picture to show you how normal this little fam looked while walking in front of our place- Will spotted this one and we just stood there to watch the very trendy, but relaxed family walk around town.

6. President Taylor from 24- Cherry Jones standing outside talking to the bad guy in Antitrust- Tim Robbins talking in front of our apt.

7. Blake Lively- She is on my guilty pleasure GossipGirl, which just started its third season on the CW. Many of you may also know of her in Sisterhood of the traveling pants. I told Will all summer that I HAD to see her. I have a bit of a crush on her. I think its the hair. I want long blonde locks that go curly or straight. Her style is always fun to watch for as well. My Aunts and Mawmaw were in town for Fashion Night Out 2009 and Angie and Will spotted her in the Ralph Lauren store on Bleeker Street by our house. Swarms of girls were around and we were attcking her with photos, but this jewel was taken with my phone by our very own paparazzi- William. I had to check her out and could not be bothered with photos.

8. The MTV VMA red carpet- my favorites- Taylor Swift, Jay-Z/ Beyonce', Gossip Girl Crew lots others- It was more for the excitement of being there- we saw lots of people- I would not leave. I dont know what it is for me, but its so fun to experience all of these very new things.

well thats all I can remember- I will add to the list as they come...

1 comment:

Angie said...

Wow! Do you know, I have been here almost five months and I have not spotted ONE celebrity. I feel kind of cheated now. I couldn't believe I kept scrolling down and finding more and more celebs! I thought you'd have like three tops! It's because you live in the village. I've heard that's where they all live! I guess I just need to hang out with you if I'm ever going to catch a celeb sighting.