Friday, September 4, 2009

Great Jobs.


Well to say the least we have been really busy. Its been crazy out here in the city. Lets see whats been going on... I have been working for a great family. The DeMare's who have two young boys- who are 4 and 6. The boys have allowed me to explore the city and have a load of fun. We have been to Central Park a few times (my favorite outing), Statue of Liberty, Natural History Museum, New York Hall of Science, Battery Park, we do lots of crafts and play every board game and sport that you could imagine. The older one is a chess champ- Although I am currently terrible I actually offered slight competition recently and had not felt such a sense of accomplishment in a long time. Its a game of strategy and thinking ahead. I got to spend a lot of time with them at the Beach in the Hamptons. Its more that what I thought. I really like small quaint beach towns. I really love my job. Can't you see why-




Now the crazy part about all of this is William's job. I took my job with a one year commitment- therefore we knew no matter what happened with his three month internship we would be staying here for a while. Well after only 4 weeks will shows UBS (United Bank of Switzerland) that he was the right man for a job opening up in the regional office. His mentor for his internship recommended him and he interviewed with a few people and got it. It was pretty unbelievable. What a blessing to have to great jobs work out for us. He LOVES his new job and is learning so much. He works right in the heart of the city-
Looks like we will be here for a while!

4 comments:

Aly said...

those little boys are darling! so fun that you got to go to the hamptons too!

Unknown said...

Wow! What an exciting adventure you are on, Amanda! I miss you :D Did you finish the program or are you going to? I'd rather nanny :D

Esther Noelle said...

Those boys are cute! I'm happy for you but sad for us - we miss you guys!!!!! It was good to talk to you today!!

Jenny said...

I love NYC! Have fun. Congrats to Will on the awesome job! Love seeing the photos.