Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Destin Sugar Sand

I am obsessed with the Beach. Will and I ran away to Florida for the weekend to meet my grandparents and Uncle Stephen and Michael in Destin. We packed our weekend with lots of beach time walks and chats with Pawpaw, shopping at the outlets, Jimmer Fredette, famous fudge, and Support your Local Sheriff. The water was still very chilly, but I had to take a dip. I got to have Chick-fl-a, pimento and cheese sandwiches and seafood. My grandparents are awesome and we had such a great time!


You may remember last year when I shared about my Grandfathers both being extremely sick and on the last moments of life, but look at this good-looking and healthy man sitting with us! Both of my grandfathers are doing well and living life to the fullest with their families. As it should be. What a blessing that I am eternally grateful for everyday.

My BFF Lauren and her hubs, Mike, and sis, Kate, made a special trip through Destin and stopped by during BYU games going on in New Orleans. It was so amazing to see her. Not to mention they listened to Pawpaw's endless supplies of stories and punch lines that reaffirmed that Pops is back in action.

Can't wait to head back down here for warmer weather and sugar sand beaches.

No comments: