Saturday, October 17, 2009

When I'm alone. . .



Will went to Utah for the weekend to get our winter clothes a few weeks ago and this is what I did to pass the time. . .

I LOVE THE STREET FAIR- and this weekend it was on OUR street!! I was so happy. For blocks there were vintage clothing, antiques, jewelry, fruit, hats, cheeses, ties, bags, clothes... oh my and so much more- I will do another post later with more of my shots, but these are the highlights. This man has apparently been doing this every weekend for years- He sold me this star. I really just wanted something orange for our apt and it stuck out.
I have seen this man's art numerous times and can not think about buying it because I know with a little practice and help I could make it. But I don't- I just keep looking at it at Union Square fair each time. Its sephia colored photos of NYC with masking tape painted brown as a border- but so nice all together.

I wanted this dress really bad.

I went to East River park in an attempt to be social at a ward BBQ- but I ended up taking pictures the whole time instead. It was so cool over there.

Then the real adventure began- see this weekend was my time at home to redo our apartment- I lived on Craigslist trying to find a bed that would work for us and this is what I did on a whim. I saw a problem:

Not the smoke detector that I can not fix, but the need for space in an apt that has no closet.

So I bought these.

And a few hours later built this.

I have no idea if we will ever sleep on it- But I was proud of it.

3 comments:

Esther Noelle said...

we wish you could've come out with Will! We definitely missed you!!!But great job on the house!

The Romney Family said...

Amanda, I'm so happy your blog is up and running again! (Apparently it has been for a while, but I didn't know!) I was so bummed way back when I went to check it one time and there was no blog! It is so fun to see what all you guys are up to in NYC. Sounds like such an adventure! I'm so sorry your place got broken into, though--scary (and that you then got locked out as a result of your precautions!). Hope you guys are doing well and that we can maybe see you sometime!

Angie said...

Wow! I am so impressed with your handyman (woman?) skills. i can't believe you build that bed all by yourself! and that street fair looks AWESOME. Love stuff like that.